1. In Andhra Pradesh there are 61,528 schools. Of these 14,005 (22.76%) schools are Private unaided schools. Of the total enrolment of 68,47,279 students in schools in the State 28,25,752 (41.26%) are enrolled in private unaided schools as per U-DISE 2016-17.
2. The opening, recognition and regulation of private un-aided schools or up-gradation of existing schools are guided by the rules issued in the G.O MS No.1 dated 1.3.1994 and other Government orders issued from time to time.
3. Based on an in-depth review of the whole gamut of existing educational rules enunciated and practiced, comprehensive framework to guide and monitor private education system, is formulated in order to streamline the establishment and functioning of private unaided schools in Andhra Pradesh State.
4. The DRAFT Andhra Pradesh Self - Financed Independent Schools (Establishment and Regulation) Act 2017, DRAFT Andhra Pradesh Self - Financed Independent Schools (Establishment and Regulation) Rules, 2017, DRAFT Model Code Disclosures, 2017 are prepared by Government of Andhra Pradesh in consultation with FICCI and other Stakeholders.
5. The Government of Andhra Pradesh seeks the feedback of various stake holders on the proposed Andhra Pradesh Self - Financed Independent Schools (Establishment and Regulation) Act, Rules and Disclosures2017.
6. The feedback may be given in the following space by 11.7.2017.